Saturday 8 February 2014

Egg cake (savoury)



So today, is a weekend. A weekend where I have no homework or any lessons, or parties or get-together. So I decided to make myself breakfast. And what did I make? I made myself an omelet cake. Well at least that's what I think it's called because I wouldn't know. I came up with the name myself.

Add caption



Whats even better is that protein in the morning is really good for your metabolism. The enzymes found in protein really kick start your metabolism because for protein to be converted into amino acids, and digested in your system, quite a complex conversion occurs. This means that a higher amount of energy is used, meaning more calories are burnt up.

In saying this, I don't want everybody to think "ooh I can have bacon an eggs every day for breakfast!" Don't get too excited. Protein does not mean fatty protein or oily processed cancerous stuff. What I mean is good, wholesome, adequate protein.

Food with good wholesome protien:
chickpeas
lentils
broad beans
black beans
red bean
all beans and legumes :p
quinoa
buckwheat
nuts
tofu
soy products
eggs
tempeh


Look how many there are! And the good thing is, all of them taste so good, and are so healthy for you when cooked in the right way.

It was so easy to make this recipe. Now I know that most of my recipes so far haven't had any egg or milk ( other than soy milk). So maybe for those of your out there who like egg, and do eat eggs, I hope you like this recipe.
Ingredients
1/2 cup Capsicum
1 small onion
1/2 of an eggplant
1/2 of a zucchini
a pinch of oregano leaf
2 whole organic free range egg
Method
  1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees
  2. Finely chop all ingredients and whisk together with the egg
  3. pour into small ceramic dishes. Sort of like ramekins
  4. pop the dished into the oven until eggs puffy and a very light golden colour
  5. rest for 5 minutes and serve 
I ate my egg cake with a small side of a mix]ed beans which my mum cooked together in the pressure cooker. This recipe serves 2



No comments:

Post a Comment